National Mobility Awareness Month is dedicated to showing the world how people with disabilities can live active, mobile lifestyles. Teamed with national spokespeople, Mike Savicki and Ashley Lauren Fisher, we support and utilize the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) network of members to help educate the public.
Did you know?
- Over 18 million people in the U.S. and Canada have mobility issues
- People with disabilities constitute the largest minority group in the United States and the only group anyone can become a member of at anytime
- One in five elderly have mobility issues
- There are mobility equipment manufacturers, dealers and certified driver rehabilitation specialists in your community dedicated to improving the lives of people with disabilities
- Automotive mobility solutions are available for people with disabilities, enabling them to enjoy active, mobile lifestyles