National Mobility Awareness Month is dedicated to showing the world how people with disabilities can live active, mobile lifestyles. Teamed with national spokespeople, Mike Savicki, Ashley Lauren Fisher, Josh Dueck and David Lowell, we support and utilize the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) network of members to help educate the public.
Did you know…
- People with disabilities constitute the largest minority group in the United States
- Over 18 million people in the U.S. and Canada have mobility issues
- One in five elderly have mobility issues
- You have a 20% chance of becoming disabled at some point in your life if you don’t already have a disability
- There are mobility equipment manufacturers, dealers and driver rehabilitation specialists in your community dedicated to improving the lives of people with disabilities
- Automotive mobility solutions are available for people with disabilities enabling them to enjoy active, mobile lifestyles