National Mobility Awareness Month is dedicated to showing the world how people with disabilities can live active, mobile lifestyles.
The National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association and our over 600 members are committed to bringing people living with disabilities the mobility solutions they need to live Life Moving Forward. Each year, we enlist the help of our extensive NMEDA Dealer network and our industry partners and spokespeople to celebrate National Mobility Awareness Month. Together, we reach out to communities across the United States and Canada to raise awareness of handicap vans, trucks and specialty vehicles, hand controls and steering aids, transfer seats and seating solutions, wheelchair tie downs and other adaptive mobility equipment available and give Local Heroes the chance to win their very own Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle.
Visit NMEDA’s site for more information on our organization and the work we do to benefit the disability community.
Did you know?
- Over 18 million people in the U.S. and Canada have mobility issues
- People with disabilities constitute the largest minority group in the United States and the only group anyone can become a member of at anytime
- One in five elderly have mobility issues
- There are mobility equipment manufacturers, dealers and certified driver rehabilitation specialists in your community dedicated to improving the lives of people with disabilities
- Automotive mobility solutions are available for people with disabilities, enabling them to enjoy active, mobile lifestyles